Broughton Parish Council has received notice that Lancashire County Council will soon commence junction improvement works at the junction of D'urton Lane / Highrigg Drive / Chaffinch Manor.
The works will commence on Monday 3rd June and are envisaged to last for 5-6 weeks. They will involve minor works in the first week, to lower a BT cable, before carrying out the construction of a re-shaped, 'raised table' junction.
The junction works involve:
• Removal of the existing road surface
• New, full depth road construction (in certain areas)
• Laying new kerb lines
• Installation of new road gullies and connection to existing surface water drains
• Installation of 1 street lighting column and associated ductwork
• Laying of a new road surface to create raised table junction
• Laying of new footways and verge
The junction works will require 4-5 weeks to complete and will be carried out under 3-way temporary traffic signals (access to all areas will be maintained at all times).
There are further road safety measures planned for D'urton Lane itself, however, these will be installed later this year, once construction vehicle activity in the area has ceased.