Our active community means that there are a number and wider range of social and community groups that meet regularly around the Village or nearby.
Below is a list of groups that have agreed to have their meeting and contact details placed on this website. If you would like to see a group you are involved with listed here, please contact the Clerk to the Council and we will arrange to have the details you supply added or amended.
BROUGHTON AND DISTRICT COMMUNITY AND SOCIAL GROUPS:
- Badminton - Club Nights at Broughton & District Club on Thursday and Sunday evenings, with play starting at 7.30 pm. Contact the Club Captain on 01772 866277 or Email email@example.com.
- Bridge Club - Tuesday and Friday mornings (10.00am), Monday and Thursday evenings (7.00pm) a Broughton & District Club. Contact Malcolm Whitehead on 01772 862637 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Bowling - Broughton & District Club hasa floodlit Crown Green Bowling Green. Mixed team play on Monday and Wednesday evenings. Ladies only on Tuesday afternoons. Veterans (mixed) on Wednesday and Thursda afternoons. The Bowling Green is open for social bowling every day from 10am unless otherwise in use or if unfit for play. Contact David Mayo on 01772 863748 or e-mail email@example.com.
- Drama - The Club Players are based at Broughton & District Club and aim to produce 3 full-length plays each season. Contact the Chairperson, Trilby Beetham on 01772 728653 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Pétanque - Played on an all-weather piste situated at the rear of the Broughton & District Club hall and is open to all senior club members. Contact Nigel Parsons on 01772 717297 or e-mail email@example.com.
- Snooker - Based at Broughton & District Club, two snooker teams in the Preston & District Snooker League play on Wednesday nights during the winter from September to March. There is no set night for team practice, although Monday and Tuesday nights tend to be the most popular. Contact Peter Billington on 07581 433283 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Tennis - Broughton & District Club offers a wide range of facilities for members and non-members, including 5 floodlit tennis courts (3 are hard courts and two are carpet) and 2 purpose built mini-tennis courts. For more information on Tennis Club membership or non-member use contact Helen Ansted on 01772 495517 or e-mail email@example.com.
- Women's Institute - Meets at Broughton & District Club hall on the 3rd Wednesday of every month.